Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's Getting Closer

I can't believe it's January already! It's getting closer to my due date and I'm both excited and nervous. Matthew and I registered at Babies R Us the other night and it made me realize how little time we have until our daughter is here. It feels like there is so much to do in just a short amount of time. I only have a month and a half of work left until I go on my maternity leave and I'm very happy about that. It's getting harder to get up out of things and this little girl keeps going under my ribs. It doesn't hurt but its just a lot of pressure when you are sitting down. This pregnancy has been really great. I remember when I was 6 weeks I started getting nauseous and it lasted up until I was about 15 weeks. I only got sick 3 times but for me that was 3 times more than I wanted to get sick. It wasn't until 16 weeks that I really felt like myself. She started kicking and it made me smile every time. Now her kicks feel like punches but I promise for those who haven't experienced it yet it does not hurt. Even though this pregnancy has been great there are a few things I will not miss AT ALL. Running to the bathroom every 20 minutes feeling like I'm about to burst when really it's not much at all, having my legs and feet swell up so much that my shoes leave imprints in them, I can't even wear my wedding ring :( and I think that is all I won't miss. The things I will miss would probably make you read on and on and on so I will only list a few. I will miss the connection I have with her. I love having her kick me and feeling her move inside of me. I love that I can cart her anywhere with me, but basically I know I will miss being pregnant. The things I won't miss is for sure a small price to pay for what I will miss. Matthew and I cannot wait to meet her. I know for sure I will cry when she comes out haha. I know our life is going to change but it's a new chapter in our lives that I can' wait to start. :)

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this post. :) I'm so excited for you to be a mom! You're going to be great at it. I'm looking forward to meeting my little niece too! She's going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I cant wait to see pictures of her! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and you and the baby stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete