Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Things to come!

So it seems like I've only been blogging about my kids lately. I guess when you become a parent, your life is all about your kids and you kinda forget about everything else that's going on. Well here is some news about the family. I'm really excited for the next couple of months!

This weekend we are spending Mother's Day in Palm Springs! Then 2 weeks later we are flying, YES FLYING, to Utah for a week! I have not yet had the experience of taking children on a plane, so I'm kind of nervous but excited at the same time. Mason is a GREAT baby so I'm sure he will be perfect. I'm a little worried about Alexa since she now understands a lot more and she may get scared when we are taking off and landing. Lately she has been watching movies on an iPad and computers so we bought her cute kid headphones. She loves headphones! At first she was using mine that are little and go in your ear, but after she kept taking the rubber part off that makes it comfortable for your ear, I immediately thought she needed her own before she loses those little pieces. Plus since she holds the little ones to her ear the whole time she watches things I thought it would be better if she could actually wear the headphones that are like a headband.



They came with stickers so you could personalize it. She loves them. We are going to take her headphones on the plane so she can watch a cartoon or something and hopefully it will take her mind off the flight. Thank goodness it's not a long flight.

After we come back, the following weekend is a birthday weekend! On Saturday June 9th it's Matthew's 28th birthday, and on Sunday June 10th it's my brother's 29th birthday! Then a week later it's our 5 year anniversary and I'm taking Matthew on a special secret vacation for a couple of days while my parent's watch the babies! I'm so excited for this trip because Matthew has no idea what we are doing or where we are going and he won't find out until we are actually starting to drive to our destination. While we are at the secret location I have a few new experiences planned. Matthew and I are really into trying new things, so it's going to be a great experience for us! We both agreed that from now on we will switch off taking control of what we do on our anniversary and the other person does absolutely nothing, not even a card. This way we can spend the money on one big thing that we both will enjoy and the other person can feel the love that year. Since I had a brilliant plan I decided to take charge of what we do this year. Sorry, only my parent's know what we are doing so everyone else will have to wait until we come back from our trip! :) It's TOP SECRET!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds sooooo fun! (Especially you coming here and the secret trip you have planned!) You can't eve text ME where you're going though!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It sounds like a big fun month ahead of you guys! Let us know how everything goes. ;)

    ReplyDelete