Thursday, January 24, 2013

We moved!

So we moved to Pleasant Grove, Utah! So far it has been pleasant except for the weather. Apparently, it hasn't been this cold or snowed this much in years and of course it happens when this Cali girl moves here. I don't mind the snow at all, but it makes it tough when you have kids that are so used to going out and playing outside. It has been fun playing in the snow, but I'm ready for the warm weather. Matthew and I both agree that we could live here and handle the weather just fine since it's not like this all year long, BUT we prefer to live in an area that the coldest it gets is when it's raining with gloomy skies. We are so over the cold! We moved here and drove all night long on January 1st starting at 7:20 pm and arrived here on the 2nd at 7:15 am. It was a pleasant drive considering we had the kids and our dog Roxy. She had the whole back of our Highlander and the kids slept and watched DVDs the whole time. We had a small trailer attached to our car so we were only able to drive 55 mph, 60 mph at the most, so the trip was a little longer than it needed to be, but it was fine. A couple days later my parent's drove up our other car and they stayed a few days with us.





It was nice to have them stay and see the house. It was also really nice to have Matthew's parents drive all of us around to see the sights, then take us out to lunch. It was hard to see my parents leave but it was way easier than when I left them a couple days earlier in Ca.

So far we've been here for a little over 3 weeks and it's been fun/busy/amazing! I'm really happy about moving here and exploring something new. I miss everyone a lot, but I'm really happy about the adventure I have ahead of me. Owning my own house is great! I love having my own house! Another great thing about being here is getting to see Matthew a lot! He works with his mother a lot and has already been to a lot of events, but I get to see him for lunch and he gets off early so it's another reason why we decided to move. We have always been the couple that enjoys spending as much time as possible with one another. We don't get sick of one another and it's just the way we are and we love it! We are best friends! Other than getting settled in and Matthew enjoying his job, everything is pretty much the same. Taking care of kids, doing school work and Matthew and I will be graduating this year with our Bachelors, so it's an exciting year for us. Plus, now that we are owners of 2 timeshares in Laguna Beach, we are looking forward to going there this September even more! So far we are starting off this year great and I'm looking forward to more things to come!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the move, Ashley! That is such a HUGE decision to make, so I applaud you for going for it! Good thing Utah is a great place to live. I loved it. The winters feel so long, but it is so beautiful, it's worth it. And spring is AMAZING. I'm sure it was hard to leave your fam, so I hope you get to see them often. But that's what two families are for, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete