Thursday, March 17, 2011

My surprise date!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Since today is a day for green I thought that today would be a perfect day to post what I did on my  exciting date. 
About a month ago Matthew sent me a text that said to make sure I have my mother babysit Alexa because he couldn't change the date of our surprise date. I was greatly surprised by it because he never really does things like this. If he ever has an idea of something to do he usually always tells me about it first, so I was very happy and excited for our date night! Tuesday, March 15th finally came and I was wondering what the night had in store. He told me to kinda dress up, so I was very curious as to what we were doing. All I knew was that we were going to Costa Mesa. I didn't know of many things besides South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa so I was very confused. We were finally on our way and the whole time he was saying, "I know you know where we are going." I kept assuring him that I had no clue. He kept asking me if the place was down this street or that street as we were driving by and I was like I have no idea since I don't know where we are going. I'm great with directions and he isn't, so I was a little nervous if we were going to make it to the place we were going on time. It was funny. He finally found the place and it was around the corner from where we were. He said, "I'm sure now you know since there is a banner," but I couldn't see the banner so I still had no idea. We finally turned down the right street and I saw the Performing Arts Center. I had no idea that we had one right down the street from the South Coast Plaza. I was even more excited, since I still had no idea what play we were going to see. We finally parked and as we were walking towards the front of the Performing Arts Center he told me that what we are seeing is on the next directory like stand. I saw a poster of WICKED! I was flabbergasted! I have been wanting to see Wicked for a few years now and that night was finally THE NIGHT. The play was amazing! I had such a great time and the play had fantastic actors/singers! Their performance was remarkable! We were surprised that the play had a lot of humor. We were laughing a lot! It was a great night and I'm very thankful to have such a wonderful husband!
Depending on our situation we may go and see West Side Story in September. I still want to see Beauty and the Beast, Phantom of the Opera, and they really need to put together The Newsies.

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyyyy! I was SO happy when Matthew texted me and told me you were going to see it. I was so confused why I didn't know sooner, but now I know it was just a surprise! :) I LOVED Wicked. I really want to see more musicals though too. Heather, Doug, and I saw Hairspray last week! And Mary Poppins is coming to Utah in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I've been wanting to see that for a while too! Good job Matt! :) We miss you guys sooooooooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete