Thursday, February 17, 2011

Alexa is going to be a BIG sister!

I just found out yesterday that I'M PREGNANT!!! :) I actually kinda knew on Valentines Day because I had a symptom or two, but I took a test yesterday and it was for sure! Yesterday I was trying to think of a way to tell my parents so I went to Carter's and bought Alexa this shirt. I put it on her last night and I waited for my parent's to figure it out. My mother was on the phone and my dad was making dinner, so I held Alexa next to my dad and stood there for about 10 minutes until he looked at her shirt and had a confusing look on his face. He was like what?! Then he had a huge smile! After my mother got off the phone, I wanted her to hold Alexa so she did and she changed her diaper. I thought for sure she would see the shirt when Alexa was getting changed, but no! Matthew, my dad, and I had to ask her who got Alexa the shirt and drop more hints until she read it. It was fun telling my parent's. Then our friends Heather and Chris came over to see us with Cade, who is super adorable and getting so big now, and they brought Alexa a fantastic TGI Friday's gift card since before we had the babies we would go and get brownie obsession's together. It was actually mainly for Matthew and Chris, but Heather and I would take some bites with our husbands giving us that you better not eat more face. Since she is a good mommy she also bought Alexa a toothbrush to brush away the brownie haha. It was a great day! I pray this pregnancy is as healthy as my first, and I can't wait to meet the little guy/girl!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe your mother did not read the top as she was changing Alexa. LOL.

    Again Congratulations.

    Kathee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo excited! I love that you guys just tell everyone right away because you can't wait. :) It makes it easy on me to not have to keep it a secret! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again! It was fun seeing you, and I felt so special to be one of the first to find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is SO exciting! It is fun to see your little family grow!

    ReplyDelete