Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend - Sunday

We started out our morning with pancakes! I don't know what it is, but I have been craving pancakes a lot! I made half regular and half with chocolate chips. I even made Alexa 2 little cakes, but she just fed them to the dog. Overall, it was a great breakfast! As soon are we were done, we decided to get ready and go to the beach. We had so much fun! Alexa is the perfect baby when it comes to the beach. She loves just playing in the sand with no sand toys or anything. She just likes to have the sand run through her fingers and she also likes to scrunch it up in her hands. Alexa has only been to the beach a couple of other times, so before today she really didn't care about the ocean. This time she was wanting to go down to the water a lot. Her favorite thing to do, besides playing in the sand, was to have us pick her up before a wave came so she can kick her feet in the water while she was in the air! She loves it so much that now she starts to walk toward the water, only a few feet in front of us, and turns around with her hand up in the air, like okay someone take me down to the water. She is so adorable! We only stayed for a couple hours but it was super fun! Alexa was so exhausted by the time we got back, so it was perfect that it was her nap time anyways! We rinsed her off and put her to bed. After her nap, she woke up super happy! Matthew and I also took a nap, and since I was still in bed, Matthew brought Alexa to me and she put her nose to mine and smiled! I love her so much! For dinner I made chicken tiddley's! They were delicious! Another craving satisfied! We did our usual, before Alexa goes to bed routine, of watching a movie in bed, then it was time to say goodnight to our baby. I watched Big Brother while Matthew finished his homework and then we watched Life as we know it. We have seen it before, and I suggest watching it if you haven't seen it. It's a really cute movie about 2 single people raising a baby that their best friends left as legal guardians if anything were to happen to them. If you plan on having kids, it's a good little insight as to what parent's (we) go through. It was yet another great day for the Johnson Family!


























2 comments:

  1. Thattt lookssss soooo funnnnnn! Even though it won't be the hottest, we have to go when I come down in December! And chicken tiddlies--ahhhh! You've been having such a great weekend! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great time! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete