Saturday, September 3, 2011

Labor Day Weekend - Saturday

This morning started off really great! Alexa slept in until 8:20! She has never slept in that late before, so it was nice to just relax for an extra hour. After she woke up, Matthew, Alexa, and I had pancakes and eggs for breakfast! They were delicious! Since my parents went out of town for the weekend I went grocery shopping so we can have some delicious meals for this weekend. I have been craving a few meals, so this weekend was the perfect time to make them. After breakfast we played in the backyard with sidewalk chalk and then played in our game room until about 30 minutes before Alexa was to go down for her nap. So for about 30 minutes, we decided to watch a few episodes of Mother Goose Stories. It's a really old TV show that I used to watch as a little kid, and I just learned that Matthew used to watch it too. I love finding out new things about each other. I found it on Netflix and thought Alexa might like to watch it, and I was right! She loves it! It's funny because every episode we watch Matthew and I keep saying, "Oh, I remember that!" It's cool to know we both liked the same things even when we didn't know each other. After Alexa took a nap, we had lunch and then we decided to take her to Irvine Park. I really love this age because Alexa is very curious and loves being outside! We walked around Irvine Park and also indulged in a little snack. It was a perfect afternoon! After the park, we came home and I started making guacamole and taquitos for dinner! I'm happy to say that I satisfied one of my cravings! After some more sidewalk chalk, a bath, and a movie, it was time for Alexa to go to bed. Can't wait to see what we do tomorrow!












1 comment:

  1. Matthew, did you get a haircut? I REALLY LIKE IT THAT LENGTH.

    What a fun day! Wish I could have been there to be your photographer so all 3 of you could be in some pics!

    ReplyDelete