Monday, December 12, 2011

Just waiting...

So....... its 12-12-2011 and I really had hoped that Mason would have come by now. I have not been this far along before and the nights are just getting more and more restless. Matthew keeps telling me that I was spoiled with Alexa because she came when I least expected it, 3 weeks and 2 days early. I'm now 37 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I'm so ready to go into labor and deliver this little guy! I have tried walking, spicy food, and other things to induce myself but nothing is working. On Friday my doctor said that I was 1cm dilated and I have another doctors appointment this Friday so if nothing has happened then I hope to at least have dilated a little more. I only have a few more weeks to go but this seems to be the worst part of this pregnancy because I'm so excited to meet Mason and I'm so excited to get back into shape. I have been pregnant for most of 2011 so I'm ready to have my body back to myself again. Another thing I'm excited for is to give Matthew a reason for getting out of work. We love spending all our time together so it will be a lot of fun to have him home for a week or two.

In the meantime my sister-in-law, who I just call my sister because we are so close, is keeping me company. She flew in last Wednesday and she has been amazing! She has cooked me great meals, helped me with Alexa, and its really nice to just sit and talk about everything! I love hanging out with her even if we are just both on our laptops doing other things because its just nice to have someone there if you have something to say.

On another note, Alexa is learning so many new words and its so cute listening to her tell us what she wants when she wants it. She is growing up so fast and I can't believe she will be turning 2 in just 2 months. We love her so much and we can't imagine life without her. She is going to be a great big sister when her brother finally decides to come!

2 comments:

  1. It's been so much fun being here! "...even if we are just both on our laptops doing other things because it's just nice to have someone there..." Haha you said it perfectly! And just in case you didn't know...I love your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm really anxious for you guys, congrats on dilating, ha ha. I hope you have little Mason soon.

    ReplyDelete