Thursday, January 20, 2011

I need to get better at this!

I haven't blogged in a really really long time. We have been super busy with school, family, and bunch of other things. I'm proud to say that Matthew and I have a resolution to not eat out and we have been clean for 20 days now haha! We realized that we spent so much money on fast food these past few months and that we really needed to stick to buying food in the grocery stores.
Right now Matthew and I are trying to buy our first house in Corona. I know I know, first we moved out of my parent's house to Corona then we move to Anaheim Hills and now back to Corona. It's really cheap out there and you can get a lot more for your buck. So far we have made a few offers on some places, but because they are short sales it may take a while before we hear anything. We would really like to be out of our apartment before July, because that is when our rent goes up, but it really doesn't matter because it also gives us time to save more money the longer we wait. We are really excited to buy our first home together and we really want this one townhouse, so wish us luck that we hear some good news! I just have to say that since we have been trying to buy a house, Matthew and I watch nothing but the DIY channel. (At least until Vampire Diaries comes back on next Thursday YAY) For those of you who don't know it's the do-it-yourself channel about home remodeling. We love watching it! Our really good friends that were our neighbors here in Anaheim Hills moved to Corona in December, so it will be nice to be close to them again. I'm super excited because it's going to be a new chapter in our lives.
Speaking of a new chapter, my adorable daughter is turning the big ONE next month. I have no idea where the time has gone. I remember the morning my water broke at 2AM and riding in the car thinking about meeting Alexa as if it were yesterday. She isn't walking yet, but she pulls herself up to a stand on EVERYTHING and she crawls really fast and get's into EVERYTHING! Planning her 1st birthday party has been really fun because I've made a lot of her party decorations and I also made her party invitation from scratch. Her theme is Minnie Mouse and we are going to have food, fun, and more fun! My dad rented a bounce house that has Minnie and the other Disney characters on it, so it's going to be awesome! I just really hope the weather is beautiful like it has been the last few days. Maybe my grandparents in Heaven will put in a good word and clear the skies for me! :) I have really enjoyed this past year with Alexa! She has touched so many hearts and she is the best baby I could have asked for. She smiles all the time and she is great with everyone!  I'm in a really great place in my life right now and I'm having a blast!
I made her Tutu and I took her picture against a wall  that we put a bed sheet over! It wasn't the best place, but it worked out perfectly!

4 comments:

  1. And I remember getting Matt's text in the middle of the night, and throughout that day while I was at work. I was so excited! Seriously... where did time go? Now you almost have a one year old, and mine just turned three months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your house hunt! That is SO exciting you guys are making that next big step. I dream of that day. :)

    We were super excited to get Alexa's party invite in the mail! If only we could ditch work and school and stow away in the Johnsons' car on the way home to CA... I hope it all turns out perfectly! I know you've put hard work into making it special. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexa is the cutest. I can't wait to see her in just a few weeks! And I really hope you get the house! Don't forget to tell me when you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Sooooooo excited for VD to come back!!!

    ReplyDelete