Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy 25th!

25!
My birthday was definitely an interesting day. Matt took off 5 days from work, so he was with me for most of the week! The morning of my birthday was a good morning. Alexa woke up, we fed her, played with her, and then she went down for her nap. After she woke up we got her ready to go to the mall. On our way to the mall we stopped in to see my Grandpa Joe. I knew he probably had forgotten my birthday because my grandma would always remind him and now that she is gone it's up to my aunt or my dad to remind him. He was very happy to see us and he did forget my birthday. He loves his great-grand babies, so he was holding Alexa's hand and walking with her around the flowers. She was having a lot of fun. After we left, we were finally on our way to go shopping. However, our little adventure was not as fun as I hoped it would be. I already knew that Matthew was only putting on a smile because it was my birthday, but Alexa was not having a good time and she was showing it. I went in a few stores that I had gift cards for and Alexa was wanting to get down and walk around. The problem is that even though she wants to walk around she can't walk. She still needs someone to hold her hand. Our backs were already hurting from some stuff Matthew and I were helping my dad do, so bending over and holding her hands didn't sound fun. I don't know if this is a girl's thing or what, but Alexa has a huge attitude now. If she doesn't want to do something she will let you know by pushing it away, yelling, or crying. So what did I do? I walked in the stores and immediately walked out. I did get a cell phone cover that Matthew bought me at the mall for my birthday, but even that was not as enjoyable as I wanted it to be. One thing about shopping is that I can't be rushed. I finally said let's just go, so we left. I wasn't mad at Alexa and especially not at Matthew. I was just very frustrated. Alexa is testing my patience and believe me, it's wearing very thin. I'm not going to mention the other things that didn't go right because then this would be very long, but the one thing that did go right was having my family come together for my birthday dinner. All in all that was the best part of my day and it really made everything that went wrong seem like it never happened. That's the thing about important day's, sometimes things don't go right, but at the end of the day it's the people that love you and that are there to celebrate with you that make that day so special. Good-bye 24, Helllllloooo 25!











1 comment:

  1. Aw man! Well at least you got to have a nice birthday dinner with everybody. I wish I could be around you guys more often--I'd watch Alexa ANYTIME, no matter how much attitude she has!

    ReplyDelete