Wednesday, May 18, 2011

15 month check up

 Right before we left to Alexa's doctor appointment my dad had to come see her and give her kisses and a hug. Poor thing, I hate taking her to the doctor's because she has no idea that she is getting shots. She got 3 shots and actually did a lot better than I thought. She only cried for a minute and as always I brought a tasty drink to keep her mind off the pain, so I gave her juice and she was fine. She is growing up so fast! I love that I'm able to spend everyday with her. She is so much fun and I'm so happy to have her. It's crazy to think back when she was a newborn and didn't do much of anything, and now she does almost everything. She has her own language haha. It so cute because she will just look at you and start up a conversation. Sometimes we know what she is saying because she has a tone like she is asking a question haha. When she eats her food she will sometimes hold it up to you and talk so we say, "oh no thank you, you eat it," and then she eats it. It's amazing how she understands some things now. If she gets a hold of something I don't want her to have I say, "give it to mommy," and she crawls over and puts what I'm talking about in my hand. She is such a good girl!
Here we were waiting for her shots to come. It's nice after holding a baby for so long, you can now just let them do their thing while you relax. She has proven to us that she can walk because if we are in an open area she will try to walk, but right now she is just choosing not to walk. The only way she walks is if she is holding your hand. It's adorable, but she needs to walk haha.

1 comment:

  1. So glad it went well! She's getting so big!! I really hope we come down this summer so I can see her before she gets too much bigger! :(

    ReplyDelete