Wednesday, August 22, 2012

An interesting photo shoot

My grandpa has been wanting to get his great-grandchildren together so he could get some pictures with them and also to re-create a photo that was taken of my grandpa and my brother when my brother was between 2 and 3 I think. It was taken by my grandmother at my grandfather's Nursery. Growing up, I spent practically every summer at his Nursery. My grandmother would watch all grandkids every summer and it was so much fun. My brother and I would run around, pretend to be ninjas, make forts, run in the sprinklers, race carts that my grandfather used to take plants to the customers cars, catch butterflies, slide down a huge dirt pile, and climb poles. I also learned, by my grandpa, how to ride a bike. Haha, it was certainly a fun childhood past time that I hold very close to my heart. Every time I go there I kinda get sad because I miss my grandmother. She has been gone for almost 5 years now and all I have are memories. It was especially fun when my cousins would come and play. I'd push them around in a Little Tikes toy car and we also used to make high heels out of soda cans. I don't know how my grandmother did it, taking care of 5 grandkids all at once! Plus, she would help my grandfather with customers and bookkeeping. Anyways, here are some pictures that we took. The kids did fairly well, but the hardest part was actually having my grandpa look up for the pictures, hahaha go figure! It was a great day!







Trying to re-create a picture of my brother and grandpa holding a plant.






This looks closer to what the picture of my grandpa and brother looked like.










1 comment:

  1. So cute!! Haha I've never seen Alexa so hot and sweaty.

    ReplyDelete