Thursday, January 12, 2012

False Alarm!

It all started on Wednesday December 21st. I was having constant contractions from 6:30 in the morning and they were coming about every 3-5 minutes. I didn't really know what to do because I didn't want to go to the Hospital just to have them send me home. I was already 2 cm dilated and wasn't sure if I was actually in labor. By 9 am I was still having contractions so I told Matthew to come home so that we could go to the Hospital just in case. When I had Alexa my water broke so I had no idea what contractions would feel like. Matthew picked me up and we were off to UCI. When I got there they told me to put on a gown and get in one of the beds and the nurse and on call doctor would be in shortly. Matthew had to wait in the lobby because another girl was in the room with me. When the nurse and doctor came in I told them about my contractions and they said that I looked a little too comfortable to be in labor, haha. Right then and there I was very frustrated because my contractions were so constant that I thought this could be it. They checked me to see how many centimeters I was dilated and it turned out that I was 3 cm. Tuesday I was just a 2 so something was progressing at least. They told me the news I didn't want to hear and that was 1 of 2 things. I could go home and wait to see what happens, if anything, or I could go walk around at the Block across the street for 2 hours and come back to see if I was further along. Since Matthew was already out of work we decided to walk for a bit and try again. It was fun walking around, just the two of us. It felt like old times when we were young and we would go to the Block almost every day during the summer when we were dating. Its funny to look back and see where life has taken you. I wouldn't want my life to be any other way that's for sure!

After 2 hours of shopping and a nice lunch, we went back and guess what??? Nothing changed, so this asian lady came into my room to have me fill out discharge papers and held up 5 fingers and said in her very strong accent that I needed to come back if I was....... and listed 5 things. It was a good thing that those 5 things were on the piece of paper I signed because I could not understand one word that she was saying to me. Basically I needed to come back if I was in PAIN and since I wasn't, they sent me home. I was not happy, but little did I know that my son was on his way very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I'm glad you wrote about this. :) And watching Alexa that day was really fun! I wish I could watch her all the time!

    ReplyDelete