Monday, January 23, 2012

New Adventures

This weekend was a lot of fun! On Saturday we didn't have anything planned because it was raining but we started to get hungry and then I remembered that I wanted to try this one place that made crepes in Irvine so Matthew said we should go get some for breakfast. We ordered strawberry crepes and I got some hot chocolate. It was my first time having a crepe and it was very good. The hot chocolate and the crepe made a fantastic breakfast!

 Keeping Alexa occupied

 Mason slept through breakfast


 Cut up strawberries were inside and it was amazing!

 Matthew also ordered root beer and a pina colada smoothie

 This may sound dumb but I loved drinking my hot chocolate out of that cup. It was just different. Yum!

Sunday was even better because it wasn't raining and half of the stuff we did were free!
I have never been to the Great Park in Irvine and I found out that on Sunday's they have a farmers market. I love farmers markets. We left after Alexa woke up from her nap and when we got there we decided to walk around the market first since it was going to close in less than an hour. Matthew and I started making purchases immediately, those people really know how to draw you in with all the free samples they hand out. One free sample and your taste buds are sold! We tried this cake bread and we bought I think 6 in total but 3 different flavors. It was different because it was super moist and had so much flavor. We only sampled one flavor but some of the others looked so good that we had to buy them too. After that purchase we walked by a jam lady that had a variety of different homemade jams. Since I eat a lot of PB&J sandwiches we decided to get a jar of apricot pineapple, so good! Another favorite of mine was the raspberry pear. I'm going to get that next! :) I just wanted to get one at a time so that I knew I wouldn't waste it. As we walked a little further Matthew and I saw the Shaved Ice stand! There was no way that we weren't going to get one of those, haha! That was also very delicious! We had blueberry, strawberry, and watermelon all in one ice! We also bought 5 red potatoes, 1 lb of green beans, and 1 artichoke. After we were done we walked over to the Carousel and Orange Balloon ride. Both are FREE to ride on! All you need to do is sign a form and get your hand stamped. We rode on the carousel and the balloon ride that takes you up 400 ft in the air! It was an amazing weekend!
















1 comment:

  1. I love those pictures of Alexa on Sunday! So cute! And that sounds sooo fun. I wish there were fun, free places like that here. Maybe there are, but I need to find out about them. Haha.

    ReplyDelete