Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mason Asher Johnson

After my false alarm, Friday came around and I was still doing fine. I was having constant braxton hicks contractions but still no pain. After putting Alexa down at 8pm Matthew and I continued with our nightly routine of watching The Office episodes on Netflix. Around 9:30 I noticed that I had some small pain when I had a contraction. At first I just thought that it was a stomach ache and that it would go away but it happened a couple more times during my contractions. I also noticed that the pain was getting a little stronger. Matthew noticed that I was a little uncomfortable so I told him that I was having some pain. We then started to time my contractions and after about 30 min and more pain we decided to go to the Hospital. We got our things ready and left Alexa in Kayli's care. I was happy to know that my pain was constant, but the pain was not so painful that I couldn't talk through it. When we got to the Hospital I met the doctor and I was not very happy. The doctor that was on call was a male doctor! I have always had girl doctors so I was a little uncomfortable about this. I knew there was nothing I could do about the doctor, so I just got over it. It also helped that the more I talked with him the more comfortable I felt. The doctor checked to see how many centimeters I was dilated and sure enough I was still only 3 cm! I was so upset because I was having pain. The doctor told me to walk for an hour up and down the hall then he would check me again. So Matthew and I walked from 11 something at night to a little after midnight. We walked up and down this one hallway the whole time. It was kinda nice because the hallway was far off from everyone so we were all by ourselves. I kept having to stop every now and then because my contractions were hurting more and more. I kept thinking that if I'm not dilating there is no way I could just go home and have this pain until the baby finally does come. Matthew was so great through this part because he made me laugh a lot during our long walk. There was this one camera above us in the hallway and he would do the moonwalk and we both joked that the nurses were able to see him dancing on a monitor at there desk, haha. We always make up fake scenarios. After an hour of walking the doctor checked me again and before he said anything I held my hands over my face and said I know you are going to send us home! Dr. Johnston then said well actually you are 4cm and we are going to keep you! I can't even tell you how happy I was that I was in labor and we were going to have our son very soon! They put me in a room and everything was all good. At around 3am they gave me the epidural, which I really needed because I was in major pain by the time it came. I had 3 contractions while the doctor was working on my epidural. It was really tough to stay still, but the nurses helped me to breathe through the pain. 20 minutes later the epidural had kicked in and I was in Heaven! I was numb, but yet I was still able to move my legs like normal. When I had Alexa I couldn't move anything. At about 5am the doctor came in and checked me, he said I was 5cm and then he popped my water. Matthew and I got a little more rest after they came in and at around 7:30 they came in again and checked me and said that I was fully dilated and I could push if I wanted. I said sure and so they got everything ready to go. I pushed for only a few minutes and only a few times and they said Mason was on his way. He came at 8:05am December 24th! He came so fast and so easily that I couldn't believe that he was already here!
Mason Asher Johnson
8:05am 8 lbs 13 oz 21 in
December 24, 2012








 

1 comment: