Saturday, December 27, 2008

I love you Precious Girl!

Christmas Eve Precious started wheezing and limping so my parents took her to the emergency really early in the morning. The doctor took ex rays, listened to her heart and they couldn't see or hear that anything was wrong with her. So they gave her a shot for the pain thinking maybe she just hurt something and the shot and other medication will help her. Later that day all of the sudden she lost the ability to use her back legs, so my parents called the doctor and he said it could be that she is in so much pain that she doesn't want to use them. The rest of the day she was way out of it from the medication and she seemed like she was in lots of pain when she tried to scoot her body. Christmas day rolled around and she hadn't gone potty since before all of this stuff started to happen. Throughout that day my parents and I checked up on her to make sure she was alright. I checked her bed and it felt wet because she still wasn't able to walk. Her legs looked at if they were paralyzed. She would just scoot on her butt if she wanted to go anywhere and so I knew something wasn't right, but since I'm not a doctor, who was I to say that it wasn't. I just knew I had a bad feeling. Later Christmas day I went in and I gave her some water and I held her over her pee pad to see if she would go, so I scratched her back leg and all of the sudden she started to go but there was blood in it. Not alot but I knew that wasn't right. I told my parents and they called the emergency and they said it could be the medication and since she hadn't gone in so long there could be blood. I still knew deep in my heart that something wasn't right. Precious is a fighter and I knew that if she was going to walk it would have happened already. The day after Christmas at around 5:40 I woke up because something was bothering me. I didn't know why I couldn't sleep I just knew I had to do something instead of just laying down so I went on the computer. At around 6:30 my mother called me up from the animal emergency crying while explaining to me what was going on. At first I though what anyone would think, that oh my gosh don't tell me Precious is gone! She said that Precious woke up and seemed like she had to go potty and when my dad took her to her puppy pad she went but it was all dark blood the size of a football. Once they got to the emergency the doctor felt her spine and notice that when he felt the middle Precious snapped at him. SHE NEVER DOES THAT! Then when he reached the top of her spine he went back down and she snapped again in the same spot. He said that her disc in her spine must have ruptured and that is the reason why she doesn't have feeling in her legs. He said he needed to operate on her and even then she would have a 50 50 chance of being paralyzed on her back legs. My parents did not want to put her down so they said do it. They knew that she only has a 50 50 chance of ever walking again but whatever happens they will work through it. I got to my parents house around 7:45 and I found out that Precious was going to be in surgery for 3 hours. At around 11am the doctor called and said everything went great! He said that he found the ruptured disc and that he got all of it out of her, so now it wasn't pinching her nerves. He still doesn't know her walking condition but he said that he gave her the maximum chance to walk again and it was all up to her now. He told my dad that he would call this morning to let us know how she did throughout the night. I prayed so hard for my little puppy. I know I would love her just they same if not more if she was disabled but I just didn't want her to suffer. It's been a stressful couple of days. So the doctor called this morning and said that Precious is already showing signs of feeling in her right LEG!!!!!! When he pinches her toes she moves her leg!!!! We were thrilled!!!!! SHE IS A FIGHTER!!! She is still healing and the the left leg is still the same but the doctor is hopeful that it will come around. She kinda walked on three legs from her other surgery a couple years back when her knee came out of the socket so if its only three legs that work then she won't let it stop her haha. I won't be here Monday but my parents will send me pictures when they get her back!!! Thank goodness I'm not working cause now I get to take care of her while my parents are working. I love you Girl! Please pray for her recovery!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Girl! I'm glad it looks like she's going to be okay though. Keep us posted on how she does in the future.

    ReplyDelete